TIME TESTED! Acupuncture Benefits Mother & Baby
Prenatal acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to help support a healthy pregnancy, uncomplicated delivery, and influence the development of the baby.
HAPPY BABY, BEAUTIFUL BABY...
- Mother’s immune system is boosted which indirectly boosts the baby’s immune system as well.
- Increased blood flow to the uterus helps nourish the baby, as well as make pregnancy more comfortable.
- The calming of the sympathetic nervous system makes mom feel more relaxed, which benefits the baby as well.
- Regular balancing treatments throughout pregnancy enhances the mental and physical health of the mother and baby, and helps prevent complications in delivery.
During pregnancy, “Happy Baby Treatments” benefit the healthy development of the fetus. These treatments are recommended once or twice each month, and two to four times during the fifth month, which is called the “Happy Baby Month.”
When the mother receives these treatments, the baby will be happier, more relaxed and easy-going, more mentally and emotionally sound, and physically more beautiful. These treatments are based on the Five Elements Theory in Chinese medicine.
The Five Elements Theory in Pregnancy
The Five Elements theory is a system which shows properties, patterns, and correspondences, inherent in all things. The five elements are wood, fire, earth, metal and water.
There’s truth in age-old medicine... it works! Get support for a healthy pregnancy, uncomplicated delivery, and positively influence the development of your baby.
- Month Four: The treatments focus on developing the water element and healthy, strong kidney energy. The inherent mental/emotional qualities are willpower, motivation, courage, intuitive wisdom, acceptance, faith.
- Month Five: The treatments focus on developing the fire element and healthy heart energy. The mental/emotional qualities that are supported are joy, happiness, creative expression, love, inspiration, and being articulate in communication.
- Month Six: The treatments focus on developing the metal element and healthy lung energy. The mental/emotional qualities that are supported are relationship and socialization skills, self-confidence, independence, and responsibility.
- Month Seven: The treatments focus on developing the wood element and healthy liver energy. The mental/emotional qualities that are supported are decision making, judgement, direction, knowing when to move forward, when to retreat and wait, when to be assertive, when to surrender and accept, and adjusting to new circumstances.
- Month Eight: The treatments focus on developing the earth element and healthy spleen/stomach energy. The mental/emotional qualities that are supported are cognition, attention, concentration, being grounded, forming boundaries, bonding and separating, trust, and compassion.
Schedule an appointment at Shequin Acupuncture. Call 760-944-3840 or go to our contact us page.